2. Regrettably, only South African residents are eligible for prizes, and delivery of gifts or prizes will only be within South Africa.
3. Entry is open to anyone except employees (and their immediate families) of RamsayMedia (Pty) Ltd, the sponsoring company/companies and/or agents involved in the competition.
4. Unless expressly stated otherwise only one entry per person is allowed. Individuals who attempt to enter more than once will not be eligible for prizes.
5. No cash alternative is available to any prize unless expressly stated otherwise.
6. The closing date for any competition will be as stated. The judges cannot accept responsibility for late entries.
7. Entrants must also be over 18 years of age. Entrants expressly declare that they are duly authorized to participate in the competition.
8. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. By entering any Popular Mechanics \ Yale competitions you agree to receive future correspondence from Popular Mechanics & Yale. An option to opt out will be available on receipt of any correspondence.
11. We reserve the right to cancel any competition without notice at any time.
12. Multiple winners may be subject to tie-break to decide an outright winner.
13. We may re-allot prizes if we are unable to contact selected winners. Please ensure that you provide the correct contact details.
14. Prizes not claimed within 3 months will be forfeited.
15. New and existing subscribers may enter into any subscriber competitions.
16. If you take out a gift subscription, please note that the donor of the subscription will be eligible for the prize.
17. Any deviation from the rules and/or attempt to manipulate the outcome of the prize will result in disqualification.
18. Winners will be required to be photographed for publicity purposes or to participate in a radio or television broadcast. No fees will be payable in this regard.
19. Prizes are non-transferable in whole or in part, must be taken as stated and may not be sold to a third party. You must confirm acceptance of the prize as stated, failing which you will no longer be eligible for a prize, and that prize will be re-allotted.
20. We accept no responsibility for any incorrect or incomplete registration details that you may supply as part of your registration. No responsibility will be accepted for undelivered, lost or delayed entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Errors in entries may, in the judge’s discretion, void entries.
21. If any prize offered is unavailable, we reserve the right to select alternative prizes of equivalent value and we reserve the right to modify, supplement or withdraw all or part of this competition without notice and no refunds of costs of entry will be payable.
22. Entrants acknowledge that in consideration of the prize offered to winners by us the winning entries may be released, performed or displayed to the public by us or any company connected with the promotion. This will be in the form of the winner’s name and place of origin. Entrants agree that we are the owner of all right, title and interest in all entries, including the entire copyright, whether now existing or howsoever, arising in the future, including all worldwide rights to promote, reproduce for commercial use or otherwise, edit, advertise and publicise, produce, record and reproduce by any art medium or method whether now known or later developed (‘Exploitation Rights’) to be exercised in our sole discretion throughout the world for the full term of copyright and other rights in the entries and all extensions thereof including for the avoidance of doubt the right to register any design rights and/or trademarks. Entrants undertake to do all things necessary, including the execution of any requisite documentation to transfer the Exploitation Rights to us, as and when requested by us.
23. Further, the entrant irrevocably and unconditionally waives all moral rights to which they may now or at any time in the future be entitled pursuant to any copyright law and under any similar law in force from time to time anywhere in the world in respect of all works referred to herein.
24. By entering into a competition it is deemed that you have read and understood these rules.
25. In the case of a competition by means of a draw, the draw will take place within 3 weeks of the closing date of the competition, unless otherwise stipulated.
26. RamsayMedia(Pty) Ltd, our other affiliates, our competition partner/s and their respective shareholders shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury or costs, howsoever arising, suffered as a result of your participation in a competition.